Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What the Bleep Do We Know?

Just watched this documentary the other night, and many of its ideas were very interesting. I had never really been introduced into the real thought of quantum physics, and the clear as mud theory is described as well as it can be in this film.

I would highly suggest renting it (I got it from blockbuster) and enter into something that attempts to change every way you think about the world. The only thing I didn't like is many of their views of God, in which some quickly make conclusions even in the midst of so much talk about life being mysterious and that we should ask questions instead of drawing conclusions.

Yet I did enjoy how most of the people on the documentary were interested in asking the question why. They were interested in some of the bigger questions in life, exercising the freedom we have as humans to actually think about what is really going on instead of just reacting to instinctual desires. Pretty refreshing to experience the passion of those who want to think bigger – and especially interesting to hear this from those who do not necessarily believe in Jesus as I do. I do not find many irreligious people today who are asking the deeper questions in life.

The part I enjoyed the most by far was the incredibly well taught piece on how our thoughts affect our body. It brought me to a new level of belief in the idea that you can change your life by changing the way you think. I liked the practical demonstrations on our thoughts and body that are shown here more than the way they try to link this to quantum physics. If you do not at least attempt to move towards more positive way of thinking after seeing this, I don’t think you ever will.

As for the more philosophical questions this documentary poses, even after days of mulling over what they had to suggest, it is hard to really know what to do. This documentary needs to be discussed with others after viewing, and I hope to do more of that soon.

No comments: