Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First night on the town

I finally got downtown for the first time last night. My roommate Katie is just trying to start a music career in Seattle and she was playing at an open mic night in a coffee shop located in the middle of the city. A bunch of us went down and met several more students down there. I have to say I think it's so cool that my roommate is doing this; not only do I get to see her play, but it will allow me to easily see what's going on in the Seattle music scene.

The time spent downtown seemed to kick off for me what will be a time of unique experiences in a city that has more of a focus on the arts than most. Last night it was music, and I was able to see a variety of genres, from bluegrass to alternative, and some were really good.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

why am i the only one getting random comments from strangers...sounds like you had a fun night

David said...

good times, soak it in.