Saturday, October 28, 2006

Regina Spektor at the Moore Theater

To say I was hooked up is an understatement for this night. Eden and Nat got me a belated birthday gift with a ticket to Regina Spektor. And not only that, but as I came from work I walked into the theater to see that a front row seat was saved for me.

Her music is a little different than I'm used to, it has some jazz flavor and I'll admit, has a very girlish feel to it. But that does not keep me from seeing her brilliance. And she is brilliant.

One of my favorite songs is Samson, a beautiful description of relationship, and the betrayal that will inevitably happen in some way or another, but also the beauty in meeting each other in our faults and being one another's 'sweetest downfalls.' Something about weakness that invites another person in. Her accent, which gives her voice a divine, goddess like tone, makes me feel as though something holy and sacred is being said and heard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, do you have some nice friends or what? I have never heard her that I know of, but she sounds wonderful.

lacie said...

so nat made me a cd, and i've been loving it. what a great song writer - i've been writing papers to her all morning, which has been inspiring and strange simultaneously.

what a great way to celebrate you being born!