Sunday, January 07, 2007

Thin Blue Lines

I have been moved to express my two hour experience of church this morning. And once again, as has been the case every time I sit down to write - the onerous task of transferring experience into words on a page, providing the reader a little bit of the fullness of what happened. The joy and art of words and language...attempted again today.

In the midst of what I have described before as death in this deconstruction here at Mars Hill, this morning I found myself worshipping in the midst of life and what I know to be true. My certainty was found in these moments, within a spirit lifted so high I felt all but a thin line between me and heaven. Lost in the moment, my body open to move and sway wherever it pleases. Where I was given the full sense of what it means to be a man. Where I was given the fullness of what it means to feel.

All of this centered on words bellowing out by those around me, singing,
“All my delight is found in you Jesus.”

The power of those words in that room - ineffable yet indelibly formed into my memory.

There may have to be doubt for there to be faith, but there is also a certainty in His presence. How can one argue with a heart that is made fully alive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. i get the last bit of what you wrote especially. there is certainty in His presence...
erika