Monday, November 10, 2008

Sense (continued)

"On a dark afternoon - I was ten or eleven - I was walking on a country road. On my left a patch of curly kale, on my right some yellow Brussel sprouts. I felt a snowflake on my cheek, and from far away in the charcoal-gray sky, I saw the slow approach of a snow storm. I stood still.


Some flakes were now falling around my feet. A few melted as they hit the ground. Others stayed intact. Then I heard the falling of the snow, with the softest hissing sound.

I stood transfixed, listening...and knew what can never be expressed: that the natural is supernatural, and that I am the eye that hears and the ear that sees..."

- Frederick Franck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....that is lovely

Nick Warnes said...

Michael,
I hope that you are doing well!

Check out what we are doing at storybuilder.wetpaint.com... I think that you would be a valuable addition!

Nick