Thursday, November 15, 2007

This is Story

I met her at a show.My hands slipped through her hair.She listened to my story.Said I've heard all about you.Well it seemed she was sincere.But the conversation fled.He spoke through the prophets.Crucified for our salvation.He suffered and was buried.And on the third day he rose born again.She held my hand.Now wrinkles are for thinking.Old and weak I've become.The saint became a poet.That poet wants to fly.So show me the Kingdom.Where the angels come undone.As they marched into the rainbow river sky.Heal the wounded singer.Now he's on his way.They were dancing to the music.The shadow of the season.We tango'd through the sacrifice.Climbed the virgin hills.Walked straight up to the sunrise.Never had a reason.We released the blood upon the peasant land.She held my hand.
~Steven Delopoulos

An entire book can describe someone's life, but only a few lines of poetry are needed to describe one's experience of it. And only there do we find the real story.

You can sit with me for two hours talking about your past, but it will be that look on your face that can only be yours that tells me your experience of it. And in that look I find the real story.

4 comments:

shalinn said...

i hope that it's not too weird that i'm leaving a comment on your post since you don't know me and i don't know you. however, i stumbled upon your blog and was very taken with your writing. it's beautiful and speaks to my heart. thank you for that. also, thank you for utilizing the comma. i highly enjoy a wealthy dose of comma usage...

Michael said...

shalinn, thanks for the note, it's very encouraging to know someone is moved by the writing. i didnt realize how much i utilized the comma, but good to know :)

shalinn said...

michael, i only noted the comma use because i tend to notice that which i am fond of and i find in common with other writers :)

glad i could encourage you - i have a hard time reading some of your last posts and not thinking, "why doesn't someone that knows him comment on this?" your musings on the tensions that surround intimacy are very much in my own thought/heart processes right now. what a mysterious and glorious gift to be so fully secure in our identity in Christ that we would not hesitate to be abundantly intimate and vunerable with God and with people. i sure have a long way to go!

Michael said...

yea i thought about the comments, and i know i usually get a lot more comments when i post less intimate and more tangible things, like what i did last weekend. The deeper stuff is definitely harder to respond to.
thanks for your comments tho!